Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 19:34:13 UTC

Slides from Google Meetup

I think we need a place on our web site to post links to videos, slides,
papers, etc.

I propose a new page called something like "More Resources" under the
documentation menu.  I'm very open to suggestions on better ways to word
this or better places to put it.

I also need to figure out where to store the slides themselves.  Is it
appropriate in this case to check the slides from our hangout into the
website repository?  Maybe in a folder called presentations?

Kathy

Re: Slides from Google Meetup

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hi, Kathy,
>
> I’m trying to think of some words that don’t sound quite so much like just
> a place to have stuff that is important for the community.

I'd love to have some better words, and think your idea about more hangouts
is a great idea!  My thought is that we probably need to be broader than
hangouts and presentations though.  Over time, there might be white papers,
research papers, other videos etc. that we would want to post.

Here's a couple of examples from other projects:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+papers+and+presentations
http://spark.apache.org/documentation.html

Thanks,

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
Hi, Kathy,

I’m trying to think of some words that don’t sound quite so much like just a place to have stuff that is important for the community.

I proposed yesterday that we have ongoing education sessions via google hangout.  If folks are in favor
of that, then maybe we think of a name that is more like ‘ongoing education’ or ‘training’ or something

I found the session valuable, and if it is to others I think it should have a bit more prominence - unfortunately I can’t come up with a good name right now.

Thanks for doing this,

Susan