Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Glania, Damian" <Da...@est.fujitsu.com> on 2003/02/11 09:12:28 UTC

.hpsf.SummaryInformation.getCreateDateTime() returns wrong date s ometimes

Hi all,
I'm trying to use the POI to read the properties of MS Office documents
using the org.apache.poi.hpsf.SummaryInformation class.

In some cases I get errors in the "date properties" e.g. from
SummaryInformation.getCreateDateTime() which returns a very early date: in a
word document I get  date with -1644473783695 which means "01.01.1601
00:56:56". (The document is in fact not that old, MS-Word says, it is was
created in January 2003 ;-)

The strange thing about that is, if I open that document using MS Word and
without changing anything push the "Save-Button", then at the next reading
of the document, POI reports the right date. The "original" version of the
word document was not created by myself, but the guy who created it used the
same word version on the same operating system and hardware (Word 10 on Win
XP)

I can reproduce this using the POI 1.8 version and the current (7 FEB 2003)
1.9 version.

Can someone help with that?

Regards,
  Damian

Re: .hpsf.SummaryInformation.getCreateDateTime() returns wrong date s ometimes

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de>.
> Can someone help with that?

I hope so. Can you please send me a Word document that exhibits the problem?
Thanks.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

--