Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Vanita C. Washington" <va...@aol.com> on 2013/05/06 19:00:40 UTC

New Dev Volunteer

Hi,

My name is Vanita Washington. I am from Houston, TX.   I have a background
in electrical engineering and want to get some experience programming.  I
am looking forward to working the open source project.

Thanks,

Vanita

Re: New Dev Volunteer

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Vanita C. Washington
<va...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Vanita Washington. I am from Houston, TX.   I have a background
> in electrical engineering and want to get some experience programming.  I
> am looking forward to working the open source project.

Hello Vanita,

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project.   A good place to start is
to read over our New Volunteer Orientation pages here:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/

We have volunteers working in many areas, from programming to QA to
documentation, marketing, translation, UI design, support, event
management, etc.  These pages review how the project works, and
surveys the kinds of things we do.  If you've every worked with an
open source project before some of this may be review.  But if this is
your first time, you'll find the background information useful to
understand.

Regards,

-Rob