Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Shawn Parent <sh...@cxtsoftware.com> on 2012/03/12 19:05:53 UTC

Static pages & layouts

I'm interested in creating static page layouts using gadgets that are
locked down by position and size.  There are a few tickets that are related
to this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-496
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-26
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-11

I'm curious on how this might be work, and if anyone has any ideas on how
this may be implemented in the short term with the current version of Rave.

- Shawn

RE: Static pages & layouts

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

We are looking to simplify this model soon; but for now, use the page templates to define static gadgets similar to how the profile does it [1].   Look for the section titled  "person profile parent page templates"

[1] : http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/trunk/rave-portal-resources/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/db/initial_data.sql