Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by "yin.zhb@163.com" <yi...@163.com> on 2016/03/03 17:12:38 UTC

build hawq issues

hi,all:
    these days,i builded hawq followed this document many times :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+and+Install

I got the same trouble,it told me missing libyarn.so.xx ,no such file or directory,
so I followed this line to install it again and again, and I got this message again and again:
Note: If ./configure complains that libyarn is missing, it is provided under ./depends/libyarn. Please follow the README file to install libyarn. You may need to run ldconfig after libyarn is installed.

but this line confused new guys like me,
that is you must set the path was / or /usr/ when install libyarn,
otherwise,ldconfig cat load it by default,
so I hope someone to rewrite it more specifically.

thanks all.

yin.zhb@163.com

Re: build hawq issues

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I've been pocking around the integration of the HAWQ with the rest of the
world for some time and I agree with you: these dependency issues (libyarn,
libhdfs3, thrift) are quite annoying and should be wrapped in the the build.

There's an ongoing work for all this happening in Apache Bigtop project, you
can check BIGTOP-2320 to get the scope of the work.

Cheers,
  Cos

Re: build hawq issues

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.