Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Zdeněk Sochor <zd...@ataco.cz> on 2007/02/23 11:02:40 UTC

DojoUtils class improvement needed

Hi,
  by looking at org.apache.myfaces.custom.dojoDojoUtils class i found 1
issue, which could block extending usability of dojo.
Problem is in static method getAttributeMap(FacesContext, String[] ,
UIComponent):
- it doesn't count with preferred way of declaring get methods dealing
with booleans (isAttribute() instead of getAttribute()).

Zdenek

Re: DojoUtils class improvement needed

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Zdeněk Sochor schrieb:
> Hi,
>  by looking at org.apache.myfaces.custom.dojoDojoUtils class i found 1
> issue, which could block extending usability of dojo.
> Problem is in static method getAttributeMap(FacesContext, String[] ,
> UIComponent):
> - it doesn't count with preferred way of declaring get methods dealing
> with booleans (isAttribute() instead of getAttribute()).

Actually I added this comment as well to the issue.
First of all thanks for the patch it is in the codebase.
Such issues always are the best we have way too few of them.

There was a reason why I did not implement the reflection for the
is<xxx> property Methods.
It is not clear from the viewpoint of the DojoUtils, but when I wrote
the code (bear in mind it has been a long time ago) I basically went
for java objects not native types, is<xxx> is not common on
java.lang.Boolean only for boolean.

But after reading your patch and thinking things over, it makes sense
to cover is<..> as well for property accessors.
First of all things move slowly but steadily towards jdk 5 where
the line between Objects and native types finally becomes more blurred
so we will probably see is on Boolean values more often.

Secondly it simply makes sense to cover it because all property accessor
methods have to be covered.

So to sum it up, thanks for the patch, I just committed it.

Werner

Re: DojoUtils class improvement needed

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
please file a jira issue so we don't loose this issue.
and to speed up things, providing a fix is appreciated ;)

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff: