Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Pramiti Goel <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/14 10:45:35 UTC

Re: SqlAlchemy Pool config parameters to minimize connectivity issue impact

Hi,
We  also faced this issue one month back for Airflow 1.9 with Celery
Executor. Unfortunately, we could not find the root cause immediately. This
can occur due to too many open connections. We end up closing all open
connections as immediate Solution and restarting Mysql Instance. But I
think what Kevin mentioned can be the cause of our problem too. We happened
to run airflow run command many times in last week before we start to see
such error.
@Kevin,
My doubt is, When does airflow run command connection is actually closed ?
Does it follow SQL_ALCHEMY_POOL_RECYCLE (1 hour) property and kill every
hour ? Because I think we saw some very old connections running too.