Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2005/12/03 02:20:40 UTC

Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

We still need POP and IMAP transports for our JavaMail
implementation.  Do any of you have some POP or IMAP client code
sitting around, or would you like to write one?

-dain

Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
> one solution is to wait until CDDL binaries as officially blessed for
> apache distribution, and then just bundle the one's from Sun's
> Glassfish project, which are probably fairly well tested...

Geir, do you know if there's been movement in this area at all? And if
so, any guess on how long this process might take?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
one solution is to wait until CDDL binaries as officially blessed for
apache distribution, and then just bundle the one's from Sun's
Glassfish project, which are probably fairly well tested...

yes, this is more than a one person job :)

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
> Actually, thinking about it for a few seconds further, doesn't the
> JAMES project already have code for this?  My foggy memory recalls
> that I've used JAMES to talk to an exchange server using IMAP....

The only info I could find in my research on this topic is from here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg05405.html

I've looked through what's there and it's very incomplete.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Thanks Bruce!

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.