Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Sunderlin, Mark" <ma...@teamaol.com> on 2013/09/18 20:07:41 UTC

Hive Query via Hue, Only column headers in downloaded CSV or XSL results, sometimes

Using Hive V11, via Hue from CDH4, I can run my query, output 10 rows (limit 10) and download to a nice CSV or XSL file ... sometimes. :-(

Sometimes, even when the run is error free, the download only downloads the column headers.  This is true for both the CSV and XSL options.

It is only ten lines of output, so it cannot be a number of rows issue.  Is there a limit to the width of the data you can download?  A limit on the number of columns?

Anyone seen this before?  Does anyone  know a fix or a work around?

---
Mark E. Sunderlin
Data Architect     | AOL NETWORKS BDM
P: 703-265-6935 | C: 540-327-6222 | AIM: MESunderlin
22000 AOL Way,  Dulles, VA  20166

Re: Hive Query via Hue, Only column headers in downloaded CSV or XSL results, sometimes

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
+ hue-user <hu...@cloudera.org>

thanks
Prasad

Posted by "Martin, Nick" <Ni...@pssd.com>.

Posted by "Martin, Nick" <Ni...@pssd.com>.
Hi Mark - we hit this issue as well. We use Hue as the Hive front-end for our users and this is a pretty big roadblock for them.

We're on Hue 2.2 and Hive 11.

If you figure out a fix let me know :)