Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Krishnendu Kunti <Kr...@infosys.com> on 2004/10/09 09:55:35 UTC

Sandesha-- JDBC based persistent queues will be first

Hi  Guys
I was going through the mails and decided that as per the groups (Sanjiva,Jaliya and Davanum)  opinion , we will go with implementing JDBC based queues first then move on to JMS based queues.

Hi Sanjiva just got your mail , yes I too agree with you , but tying the config parameters of Sandesha to Axis will couple it more tightly with Axis..well I too agree with about regarding bringing external JARS is bit messy.

So, should we go ahead with config files at server-config.wsdd or some additional config . We will go with the decision of the Axis team of.

Guy's is it okay,
Thanks
Regards

Krishnendu

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
don't forget..the deal includes unit tests, system tests (round-trip) etc :)

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Krishnendu,

I would like to focus your attention to the followings with respect to jdbc
queues. We have identified these things when we initially implement the
Sandesha with the database support.

If we operates at the transport level we may just store the in and out SOAP
envelops and some transport related properties in the queue.

But since we need to provide the INORDER EXACTLY ONCE quality of service we
need to rearrange the order of the messages depending on their message
numbers.

We can take that decision at the provider level only. However we have to
store the WS-RM specific messages from a handler because these messages
should not pass through the other user defined handlers. We can simply store
the properties of these messages instead of the entire messages.

Since the invocation is done in the correct order we have to store the
service request messages after been processed by all the handler chains and
only at the provider level.

At this stage we can store the message with the operation description in the
database.

Hope to see Sandesha running with jdbc support :)

Thanks,

Jaliya