Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Songting Chen <So...@turn.com> on 2011/01/07 22:10:48 UTC

Data Platform Engineer at Turn Inc.

If you're passionate about large-scale distributed systems, petabyte data warehouses, NoSQL key-value stores, high throughput
real-time reporting system and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we're
looking for. This hands-on role contributes to the organization's success through expertise in large scale MapReduce systems,
advanced database programming and database architecture.

We are a small team but build innovative and powerful systems. Our results were published in top-tier conferences
such as VLDB (http://www.vldb2010.org/proceedings/files/papers/I08.pdf).

If any of the following areas interest you, please send your resume to jobs@turn.com
    * Hybrid MapReduce/Database system
    * Distributed and parallel computing
    * Performance tuning and optimization
    * Large scale semi-structured data store
    * Real time reporting system in 24 x 7 environment
    * Turning research results into enterprise class software

About Turn Inc.

Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search to digital advertising and empower the world's premier advertising
agencies and brands to reach custom audiences at scale. We are a software and services company with the industry's only
end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world. Our technology
infrastructure, self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, and interoperability represent
the future of media and data management. The company is based in Silicon Valley with locations in New York City,
Charlotte, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

We are a rapidly growing, well funded startup in Redwood City, CA, with a growing business, a working business model
and a seasoned executive team. We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking
for talented engineers to help us take it to the next level.