Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com> on 2002/11/22 18:14:10 UTC

Incompatible URL parsing (JBoss 3.0.4/Turbine)

Hi!

It seems that most Turbine (at least 2.x versions, I don't
know about version 3) applications won't work
with a recent JBoss, such as 3.0.4. This is due to
JBoss using a new Jetty version as its web container;
the new version splits request URI in a different
way than it used to.

Quoting Greg Wilkins from message
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jetty-support/message/4470:
----
  unfortunatley Jetty had to change getRequestURL (back in June) to
  comply with the servlet spec.

    requestURI == contextPath + servletPath + pathInfo

  is always true (as required in SRV.4.4)
----

Is there something that the Turbine 2.x developers could do
to make Turbine work with SRV.4.4 compliant web containers?

This is going to cause us major troubles. Something needs
to be done - we would not like to fork Turbine just to make
it work with a recent web container. I'm willing to help
with testing and other things.

    Panu

--
Panu Hällfors, panu@hallfors.com|CS Student, Helsinki University of Technology