Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/16 15:09:07 UTC

What is meant by modify (update) property from a request where E-Tags is specified,

Hi All,

I have a doubt on updating properties with specifying E-Tags, AFAIK E-Tag
is only for Entities, therefore what does it meant by modify properties
with E-Tags. Does it used to find the appropriate entity for the e-Tag and
modify. therefore we can use modify entities for that scenario.

Is there any reason to add this functionality what is the use case of this.

Sometimes I have understand wrong, Can you guys help me to figure this
thing.

Thanks
Madhawa

Re: What is meant by modify (update) property from a request where E-Tags is specified,

Posted by Ramesh Reddy <ra...@redhat.com>.
I could explain, but why not refer to the spec :) Read here http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata/v4.0/errata02/os/complete/part1-protocol/odata-v4.0-errata02-os-part1-protocol-complete.html#_Toc406398244

Also search by ETag and checkout how "if-match" and "if-none-match" header are used.

Ramesh..