Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sajawal Ayaz <sa...@live.com> on 2023/04/25 11:30:36 UTC

Email escalation on Queue size breach.

Hello,

I am running ActiveMQ Artemis on my machine and I would like to set up email escalation for queues that breach when the number of pending messages exceeds a certain limit. Is there any plugin or built-in feature that can help me achieve this? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sajawa Ayaz

Re: Email escalation on Queue size breach.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
The broker itself won't send emails. Email alerts are generally implemented
as part of a broader monitoring solution.

For example, you can configure the broker with a metrics plugin [1] like
the Prometheus plugin. Once the broker is configured properly then you can
configure Prometheus or even Grafana to send email alerts based on
thresholds for all kinds of different situations. It's very flexible and
powerful.

Of course, you could also set up your own simple monitoring mechanism using
the management API [2] or you could integrate a commercial JMX monitoring
tool (e.g. Nagios, AppDynamics, etc.).

Justin

[1]
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/metrics.html