Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1999/01/16 00:10:20 UTC

Shell script stuff...

Does anyone have any cares whether we use "x" or "."? I know Ralf's
mentioned that he prefers "." and others have mentioned that "x" or
"X" is more "universal". I don't care which. I just don't want to
spend any more time f*cking with stuff just to have it reversed.
The way it is right now really is not acceptable, and there are
places where it's just plain _wrong_

Re: Shell script stuff...

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
remain clam!

Jim Jagielski writes:
>Does anyone have any cares whether we use "x" or "."? I know Ralf's
>mentioned that he prefers "." and others have mentioned that "x" or
>"X" is more "universal". I don't care which. I just don't want to
>spend any more time f*cking with stuff just to have it reversed.
>The way it is right now really is not acceptable, and there are
>places where it's just plain _wrong_

"_wrong_" is bad, let's not do that.

I'd avoid period only because it's associated with things in my mind -
hidden files, grep, including files, dereferencing in Bliss, statement
terminating in Prolog, so when I see one I have to dismiss all these
possible meanings.

 - ben