Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Serafina Sumargo <ss...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/30 17:44:24 UTC

MalformedURLException

Hey all,

I am trying to run the AddressBook sample, but not from the package.
I've made the necessary changes, it compiles, Tomcat is running, but I
can't seem to deploy it.

Here is the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
org.apac
he.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:579)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:216)

What am I doing wrong this time?

Thanx!

Re: MalformedURLException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You are not using the correct command line.  It should be

    java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient soap-router-url
deploy deployment-desc

for example

    java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Scott Nichol

Re: MalformedURLException