Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 08:48:21 UTC

Hql error throws when the application specific jar name with starting a capital letter

Hi All

I have used appfuse to write an web application and deployed that in the
Tomcat server.There is another dependency application specif jar (let's say
xa.jar)file which refers in <Application folder>/WEB_INF/lib/xa.jar when
this names with capital letters (Xa.jar ) it throws a hql Query error when
accessing the web application.(Appfuse uses hql to access the data base).

I wonder this is something related to the tomcat Application server and I
really appreciate if any one can give feed back in this.

Thanks a lot
Kanchana

Re: Hql error throws when the application specific jar name with starting a capital letter

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure, but it MAY be that a jar is being loaded twice:

a) directly, as any other jar located in WEB-INF/lib

b) indirectly, if it is mentioned in Class-Path directive of the
manifest file of some other jar.

If the name mentioned in manifest file differs from the actual name of
the jar, I am not sure that it will be acknowledged that it is
actually the same file. (Just a speculation, I have not experienced
such behaviour).

Just name it correctly.

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com>.
I'm on Windows.Absolutely.That why I was wondering..Any other suggestion in
this Richard ?Really appreciate if you can share anything you know

Posted by "Richard G. Reyes" <ri...@voxsant.com>.
Hi Kanchana,