Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/12 15:21:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.33.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.33.0 release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.33.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12348683

It is tagged as 0.33.0-rc1.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.33.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
It was noted that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2293
did not fully resolve the issue it targeted, and follow up changes
were since made on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2301
after 0.33.0 RC1 was cut.

This vote remains open for further testing. Anyone wanting to report
the results of additional testing with PROTON-2301 applied (e.g it is
the only difference from RC1 on master right now) is welcome and
encouraged to do so, such that the results can be considered.

Since no other testing has been reported yet, I won't be immediately
spinning an RC2 until such testing materialises for consideration of a
respin vs just doing another 0.33.1/0.34.0 release soon, since nothing
is yet really using these bits in the wild.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cs...@redhat.com>.
I tested a bug fix I dealt with recently.

+1 (non binding)

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 at 15:21, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.33.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.33.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12348683
>
> It is tagged as 0.33.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archive.
- Ran the build + tests and installed it.
- Built Qpid Dispatch 1.14.0 and master against it and ran the tests.
- Built Qpid CPP master against it and ran the tests.
- Ran Qpid JMS master HelloWorld example against the 1.14.0 router.

Robbie