Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kadambi, Srivatsa" <sr...@digital.com> on 2002/07/17 07:32:15 UTC

infinite loop

I am working on a very tight project and have myself proposed struts
implementation. The proposal is accepted and i am in the process of
designing the existing application to make it struts aware.I am running into
a peculiar problem.

Here are the details:
My homepage is located under /administration/adminmain.jsp
I have the following settings in web.xml file
<servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/administration/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

This will force the above homepage request to go through the action class as
per the servlet mapping.I have the following mapping in the
struts-config.xml file

<action
      path="/adminmain.jsp"
      parameter="/administration/adminmain.jsp"
      scope="request"
      type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
      validate="false">
    </action>

Outcome:
With the above mapping , the request to adminmain.jsp will invoke the
ForwardAction class and the RequestDispatcher class also but this will loop
back through the action class and again to ForwardAction. This goes on in an
infinite loop and my weblogic crashes. Please let me know how i should be
solving this problem. You have been very helpful for all my struts related
questions and i really appreciate if you could save me from this titanic.

Awaiting your response and thanks in advance.
Thanks

Srivatsa Kadambi
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd
(A Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Co., USA )
Digital Centre,
3rd Floor , Khanija Bhavan
#49,Race Course Road,
Bangalore-560001
Tel: 91-80-2268003 Extn:4241

RE: infinite loop

Posted by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com>.
He means it should be like this (drop the jsp):

<action
      path="/adminmain"
      parameter="/administration/adminmain.jsp"
      scope="request"
      type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
      validate="false">
    </action>

or anything you like for the path, for that matter:

<action
      path="/admin"

RE: infinite loop

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.