Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "niibasta@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/18 17:13:05 UTC

Native library crash in OSGi

Hello!

I wonder, is anybody tested such behavior:

We have one bundle with native library inside. Library throws, for
example, "AccessViolation". Usually, when operation system catches such
exception, it asks you to kill process. I wonder, what would be with
felix? Whole instance will fail or only one bundle will fall and others
continuous to work?

On my opinion, whole felix instance will fall down, because all bundles
are running on the same jvm on the same process. Am I wrong?

I heard about "distributed osgi". Are there any work in this direction?

Thanks.

Re: Native library crash in OSGi

Posted by "niibasta@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 18.05.2011 19:19, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 5/18/11 11:13, niibasta@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I wonder, is anybody tested such behavior:
>>
>> We have one bundle with native library inside. Library throws, for
>> example, "AccessViolation". Usually, when operation system catches
>> such exception, it asks you to kill process. I wonder, what would be
>> with felix? Whole instance will fail or only one bundle will fall and
>> others continuous to work?
>>
>> On my opinion, whole felix instance will fall down, because all
>> bundles are running on the same jvm on the same process. Am I wrong?
>
> I would assume so too.
>

>> I heard about "distributed osgi". Are there any work in this direction?
>
> Apache CXF has support for the OSGi Remote Services specification.

Thanks for advice, but it's very heavy for my task.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by CD Rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com>.
Also check out rOSGi, which is Remote OSGi. The point here is not so much
the remoteness but that it can be used for any process not in the current
container.

Cheers.