Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Tonda <xt...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/03 16:38:58 UTC

Creating PDF with Unicode Latin Extended-A characters

Hi,

I am trying to create PDF file containing Unicode Latin Extended-A
characters which are used by eastern European languages, Czech in my
case, but these characters are not displayed correctly in resulting PDF.

I ended with HelloWorldTTF example trying to create PDF with single
letter U+011B - ě - Latin Small Letter E with caron, "\u011b" in Java.

I am trying several TTF fonts (Arial from Microsoft core fonts,
DejaVuSans, ArialMT.ttf from PDFBox), but result is all the same.

Resulting file is here http://andrs.net/test/testh.pdf

Are these supported? What should I do to make it display correctly?

Thanks.

Tonda