Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2006/12/18 03:16:57 UTC

Getting Started guide for Tuscany SCA Java M2

I have written a short Getting Started guide for Tuscany SCA Java M2
and I have posted it to the Tuscany wiki at
  http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SCA_Java/GettingStarted

This guide is intended for the Tuscany Web site.  I think it would be
good to link to it from the SCA-Java page in the "Geting Started" section
of the left sidebar, which currently contains this:
  http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/java_sca_overview.html

It's on the wiki for now so that other people can review it and help
improve it before it goes onto the Web site.  Please either post comments
here or edit them directly into the Wiki page.

   Simon

Re: Getting Started guide for Tuscany SCA Java M2

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

IMO, there are a couple of pages that 'must' be added : -
- FAQ for each of SCA, DAS, SDO.   I'd prefer separate facts so that each of
these streams can add the Q&A on a separate page.  Also IMO it would help
the user to navigate less instead of going to a global FAQ and then weeding
out the SCA or SDO or DAS relevant ones

- Releases :  This is probably very important because there needs to be some
place where we have to mention all that has gone into a release including
the specs compatibility, known issues etc.  Again, I'd prefer this for each
of SCA, SDO and DAS.

Finally if we have quite a handfull of links under each of SCA, SDO, DAS
then we could move to the tabs look and feel where under each tab the user
will be able to see things only relevant to one of SCA, SDO or DAS.

Thanks

- Venkat

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Venkat,