Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Will Heger <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 19:36:46 UTC

Spring Bean Demo and RCL operational?

I tried this on a couple of other machines, windows etc. same problem.

RE: Spring Bean Demo and RCL operational?

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Ok...  I did quickly checkout the sample block and you're right.

The only problem is in the spring-bean.jx.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<demo>
  <module>com.nxp.spider2:blocktest</module>
  <spring>#message</spring>
</demo>

should become

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<demo>
  <module>com.nxp.spider2:blocktest</module>
  <spring>#{message}</spring>
</demo>

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Hi Will,

I once again checked out the sample block..

I followed the instructions from my blog http://robbypelssers.blogspot.com/2010/05/quick-start-apache-cocoon.html
and started the default sample block.

I did test the RCL doing steps as described below:
* I fixed the   <spring>#{message}</spring> in spring-bean.jx.xml and refreshed the page. --> message was shown ok now.
* I modified MyBean.java into
public class MyBean {

    private String message;
    private String name;

    public void setMessage(String message) {
        this.message = message;
    }

    public String getMessage() {
        return this.message;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
    	this.name = name;
    }

    public String getName() {
    	return this.name;
    }
}

* I modified spring-bean.js into:

function demo() {
    var demoBean = cocoon.getComponent("demo");
    demoBean.setName("Robby Pelssers")

    cocoon.sendPage("screens/spring-bean",
        {
            "message" : demoBean.message,
            "name": demoBean.name
        }
    );
}

I modified spring-bean.jx.xml into:

<demo>
  <module>com.nxp.spider2:prototype</module>
  <spring>#{message}</spring>
  <name>#{name}</name>
</demo>

I refreshed the page in the browser and my output was correct:

<demo>
<module>com.nxp.spider2:prototype</module>
<spring>This is a message coming from a Spring bean.</spring>
<name>Robby Pelssers</name>
</demo>

My test setup is using
-SpringSource Tool Suite 2.3.3.M1
-jdk1.5.0_16
-Windows XP

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

Posted by Will Heger <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robby,

Posted by Will Heger <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the assistance.

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
On 10/04/2010 08:36 PM, Will Heger wrote:
> I tried this on a couple of other machines, windows etc. same problem.

Was there anything in logs files? Or if you run jetty from within a
block, there could be possible error/warning messages.

If you follow exactly what has been explained on the cocoon website,

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html

then there should be no problem at all.

Concerning RCL, I know that everything will be reloaded (like XML
documents, flowscript, etc), but I am not sure about Java. I tend to
take Java into Netbeans and tests everything there before I allow cocoon
to call upon it.