Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org> on 2009/09/16 00:34:32 UTC

Re: [sa] Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> See the List-Help header. A mail to users-help returns, among a lot of
> other info, the users-owner address as a last resort. This will reach
> the moderators. (Same with all ezmlm lists, btw.)

I had considered this, but another poster made the worthy point that
the (ab)user in question was likely the sort to get another fake address
just so they could keep posting their crud. Sometimes 'ignore them' is the
simplest and best policcy. :)

But thanks, as always, for your fine efforts. :)

- Charles

Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On ons 16 sep 2009 01:08:30 CEST, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote
> *Please*, everyone -- don't feed the trolls.

well i still can drink my beers alone :)

but it would be more fun to see the trolls dont have one

--
xpoint

Re: Moderation?

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@inetmsg.com>.
Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 16:36 -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
>> Yes, the "buzz"ard has also displayed the same abusive nature under his
>> other email address many times in the past.  He uses the same email client
>> (camel), and the same source IP address (192.168.1.56), so not hard to
>> figure out.
>>
>> Sorry, couldn't resist...
>
> Bill, since you mentioned it...
>
> Camel is just the Evolution Mail backend. The part after the "@" in the
> Message-Id is much more interesting and the machine's hostname.

Ah, ok, didn't know that about Evolution, but I now see that your
Message-Id contains "camel", as well.  However, his 2 email accounts use
something different after the "@" in the Message-Id.  One uses
"camel@rubikscube" and the other "camel@testicle".

Wonder what the latter signifies about him...?

Bill

Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.

Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@inetmsg.com>.
>> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 18:34 -0400, Charles Gregory wrote:
>>> I had considered this, but another poster made the worthy point that
>>> the (ab)user in question was likely the sort to get another fake
>>> address
>>> just so they could keep posting their crud. Sometimes 'ignore them' is
>>> the
>>> simplest and best policcy. :)
>>
>> I am aware of this. There is no final way to get someone off a public
>> mailing list. There's always the possibility to get a new address, or
>> even a new netblock. Sounds familiar?
>>
>> I do agree that ignoring the offender is the best solution. I have seen
>> this working on other lists before. So...
>>
>> *Please*, everyone -- don't feed the trolls.
>>

>> Oh, and BTW, we *are* aware he is still following. One of his
>> identities, that is. No rocket science.
>
> Yes, the "buzz"ard has also displayed the same abusive nature under his
> other email address many times in the past.  He uses the same email client
> (camel), and the same source IP address (192.168.1.56), so not hard to
> figure out.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that both Google and the Spamassassin list
server receive deliveries from the same IP address (82.70.24.238).

Bill

Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@inetmsg.com>.

Re: Moderation? (was: Drivel)