Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Meyer <cm...@ultratask.com> on 2000/11/05 23:08:21 UTC

.war file for C1.8

I have tried to put all of the cocoon *.jar files into the
WEB-INF/lib sub-folder of my cocoon web application under Tomcat
instead of putting them in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib...

When I do this all I get is:

--------------------
Error: 404

Location: /cocoon/Cocoon.xml

null
--------------------

Does anyone know why the .jar files for Cocoon have to be global to
all applications within Tomcat?

It would be nice to move the cocoon files into the web application
because then I could run Cocoon 1.8 & Cocoon 2 at the same time!

Thanks,
Chris

Re: .war file for C1.8

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Chris Meyer wrote:

> I have tried to put all of the cocoon *.jar files into the
> WEB-INF/lib sub-folder of my cocoon web application under Tomcat
> instead of putting them in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib...
>
> When I do this all I get is:
>
> --------------------
> Error: 404
>
> Location: /cocoon/Cocoon.xml
>
> null
> --------------------
>
> Does anyone know why the .jar files for Cocoon have to be global to
> all applications within Tomcat?

This question is in the FAQ:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-resourcenotfound

However the FAQ suggests that it will work with Tomcat 3.1. I couldn't
ever get it to work. The issue I had was that Tomcat adds jaxp.jar and
parser.jar to all web-apps' classpaths before web-app-specific jars.
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/parser.jar got put before
webapps/<myapp>/WEB-INF/lib/xerces.jar, causing DOM version mismatch
errors. Thus to get Cocoon always needs some manual intervention (at least
the addition of "axerces.jar" to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib).

Perhaps I mistook the cause of the problem -- has anyone else gotten
Cocoon to work from jars inside a Tomcat-based web-app?

--Jeff