Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Roopa Trivedi (rotrived)" <ro...@cisco.com> on 2005/10/25 01:49:29 UTC

Q about using secure FTP server

Hi,
I'm interested in using the FTPServer located on Apache's Incubator. I
have downloaded it and I'm trying the secure mode, using explicit
security.

I have got the Jscape secure client for the client piece, but when I run
the FTPServer in secure mode, I get a connection refused error.

I may not have configured the SSL parameters correctly in the
configuration file of the FTPServer. Is there some more info on how to
do that? I copied over the sample .xml config file and uncommented the
socket-connection and data-connection.ssl sections. I assumed that since
they all have default values, those should work. I have also tried
various other combinations, uncommenting the whole data-connection
section and not just the .ssl section, but nothing seems to work.

Please clarify if I'm missing something. Any help would be very much
appreciated.
Thanks,
Roopa

Re: Q about using secure FTP server

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

    Today I have tried using Jscape and it is working
fine. Your configuration file looks good except one
thing - you need to comment socket-factory/address
configuration parameter. Please find the attached
configuration file.

There are few things I am assuming.
1. The certificate has not been expired.
2. You have selected Jscape "FTP/SSL (AUTH TLS)"
connection type.
3. You have specified proper configuration type (XML).
4. You have the latest binary distribution file.

The ftpserver project site was not updated. Now I have
updated it. After 4/5 hours it will be published. The
site URL is http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya

--- "Roopa Trivedi (rotrived)" <ro...@cisco.com>