Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Hans Raber <su...@superduper.org> on 2005/01/14 18:53:57 UTC

copying the lenya webapp...

hello everybody!

i have lenya up and running on my local computer (windows xp) and i'd
like to copy the webapp to the server (linux), so i took the whole
build/lenya/webapp directory and copied it to the webapp directory on
the server, which worked so far, except:

(a) when i try to checkout a file i get a "generic exception"
Reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
file:/usr/ngasi/contexts/trial1001/lenya/lenya/pubs/sj/content/rcml/content/authoring/index/index_en.xml.rcml

(No such file or directory)
BUT: the file does exist! (if it's just "/" missing after "file:/" - how
can i add it?)

(b) strange characters apear around some items in the site-menu (for
instance "Â Home Â")

if someone wants to have a look:
http://trial1001.alacartejava.net/lenya/sj/introduction.html (user:
lenya, password: lenya )

Re: copying the lenya webapp...

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Hans Raber wrote:

> i have lenya up and running on my local computer (windows xp) and i'd
> like to copy the webapp to the server (linux), so i took the whole
> build/lenya/webapp directory and copied it to the webapp directory on
> the server, which worked so far, except:
>
> (a) when i try to checkout a file i get a "generic exception"
> Reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> file:/usr/ngasi/contexts/trial1001/lenya/lenya/pubs/sj/content/rcml/content/authoring/index/index_en.xml.rcml
>
> (No such file or directory)
> BUT: the file does exist! (if it's just "/" missing after "file:/" - how
> can i add it?)

Try deleting the whole rcml directory, clear the tomcat work
directory, and restart tomcat.  Lenya should reset the revision
control for you.  Make a backup first!

> (b) strange characters apear around some items in the site-menu (for
> instance "� Home �")
>
> if someone wants to have a look:
> http://trial1001.alacartejava.net/lenya/sj/introduction.html (user:
> lenya, password: lenya )

I couldn't log into the authoring view.  The live looks fine.  You
are using IS0-8859-1 encoding.  Could that be the problem as Lenya
uses UTF-8 for most everything?

--
JP