Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2016/04/22 18:53:03 UTC

Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

We are working on a hack to run Mesos agents on Raspberry Pi and are
wondering if anyone here has done that before. From the Google search
results we looked at so far, it seems like it has been compiled, but we
haven't seen an indication that anyone has run it and launched tasks on
them. And does it sound right that it might take 4 hours or so to compile?

We are looking to run just the agents. The master will be on a regular
Ubuntu laptop or a server.

Appreciate any pointers.

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
@haosdent Here you are https://reviews.apache.org/r/46610/ I hope I'll find
more time to hack on RPI next week.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com>.

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@me.com>.
Hi Sharma,

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@me.com>.
Hi Sharma,

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
Current master version should build on Pi3 but there still could be a
problem with leveldb.

wt., 3.05.2016 o 16:40 użytkownik Andreas Fritzler <

Posted by Andrew Spyker <as...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
This is from a pi 3 running a slave process connecting to a master not
running on pi.

pi@pi1:~ $ uname -a
Linux pi1 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
pi@pi1:~ $ file /sbin/init
/sbin/init: symbolic link to /lib/systemd/systemd
pi@pi1:~ $ file /lib/systemd/systemd
/lib/systemd/systemd: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for
GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=2522b3d9033024e417036999161b98fa0b5d498f,
stripped
pi@pi1:~ $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
pi@pi1:~ $ /usr/local/sbin/mesos-slave --master=
ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com:7103
I0503 16:35:21.592422 12656 main.cpp:185] Build: 2016-04-29 03:52:47 by root
I0503 16:35:21.593188 12656 main.cpp:187] Version: 0.24.1
I0503 16:35:21.593456 12656 main.cpp:190] Git tag: 0.24.1
I0503 16:35:21.593680 12656 main.cpp:194] Git SHA:
44873806c2bb55da37e9adbece938274d8cd7c48
I0503 16:35:21.595311 12656 containerizer.cpp:143] Using isolation:
posix/cpu,posix/mem,filesystem/posix
I0503 16:35:21.626055 12656 main.cpp:272] Starting Mesos slave
I0503 16:35:21.630719 12656 slave.cpp:190] Slave started on
1)@xx.xx.xx.xx:5051
I0503 16:35:21.631299 12656 slave.cpp:191] Flags at startup:
--appc_store_dir="/tmp/mesos/store/appc" --authenticatee="crammd5"
--cgroups_cpu_enable_pids_and_tids_count="false"
--cgroups_enable_cfs="false" --cgroups_hierarchy="/sys/fs/cgroup"
--cgroups_limit_swap="false" --cgroups_root="mesos"
--container_disk_watch_interval="15secs" --containerizers="mesos"
--default_role="*" --disk_watch_interval="1mins" --docker="docker"
--docker_kill_orphans="true" --docker_remove_delay="6hrs"
--docker_socket="/var/run/docker.sock" --docker_stop_timeout="0ns"
--enforce_container_disk_quota="false"
--executor_registration_timeout="1mins"
--executor_shutdown_grace_period="5secs"
--fetcher_cache_dir="/tmp/mesos/fetch" --fetcher_cache_size="2GB"
--frameworks_home="" --gc_delay="1weeks" --gc_disk_headroom="0.1"
--hadoop_home="" --help="false" --initialize_driver_logging="true"
--isolation="posix/cpu,posix/mem" --launcher_dir="/usr/local/libexec/mesos"
--logbufsecs="0" --logging_level="INFO" --master="
ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com:7103"
--oversubscribed_resources_interval="15secs" --perf_duration="10secs"
--perf_interval="1mins" --port="5051" --qos_correction_interval_min="0ns"
--quiet="false" --recover="reconnect" --recovery_timeout="15mins"
--registration_backoff_factor="1secs"
--resource_monitoring_interval="1secs" --revocable_cpu_low_priority="true"
--sandbox_directory="/mnt/mesos/sandbox" --strict="true"
--switch_user="true" --version="false" --work_dir="/tmp/mesos"
I0503 16:35:21.635468 12656 slave.cpp:354] Slave resources: cpus(*):4;
mem(*):462; disk(*):649; ports(*):[31000-32000]
I0503 16:35:21.636222 12656 slave.cpp:384] Slave hostname: pi1
I0503 16:35:21.636487 12656 slave.cpp:389] Slave checkpoint: true
I0503 16:35:21.669493 12657 state.cpp:54] Recovering state from
'/tmp/mesos/meta'
I0503 16:35:21.669802 12657 state.cpp:690] Failed to find resources file
'/tmp/mesos/meta/resources/resources.info'
I0503 16:35:21.670243 12657 state.cpp:97] Failed to find the latest slave
from '/tmp/mesos/meta'
I0503 16:35:21.673004 12658 status_update_manager.cpp:202] Recovering
status update manager
I0503 16:35:21.674284 12661 containerizer.cpp:379] Recovering containerizer
I0503 16:35:21.680462 12662 slave.cpp:4069] Finished recovery
I0503 16:35:21.684356 12657 slave.cpp:684] New master detected at
master@xx.xx.xx.xx:7103
I0503 16:35:21.684406 12660 status_update_manager.cpp:176] Pausing sending
status updates
I0503 16:35:21.686789 12657 slave.cpp:709] No credentials provided.
Attempting to register without authentication
I0503 16:35:21.687227 12657 slave.cpp:720] Detecting new master
^C
pi@pi1:~ $ file /usr/local/sbin/mesos-slave
/usr/local/sbin/mesos-slave: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version
1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3,
for GNU/Linux 2.6.32,
BuildID[sha1]=0854662e0417291f2335990decb4b7be79724122, not stripped

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Andreas Fritzler <andreas.fritzler@gmail.com

--
Andrew Spyker (aspyker@netflix.com)
Twitter:  @aspyker  Blog:  ispyker.blogspot.com

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Spyker <as...@netflix.com>.
resending as I wasn't on the (user) mailing list ...  sorry for the two
emails.  I hope this is useful.

Posted by Andrew Spyker <as...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Andreas Fritzler <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Fritzler <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com>.
Mesos builds were mostly already covered by notes from the community. There were a few other items that included challenges of running on corporate network in a company that runs everything on the ec2 cloud, time to burn 32G sd cards, etc. Will have more details later.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com>.

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com>.

Posted by Sharma Podila <sp...@netflix.com>.

Posted by Jan Stabenow <j....@livespottingmedia.com>.
Hey Sam,

what’s your experience with a slave on Pi? (no master/zookeeper)
This can be a cool enlargement for e.g. small development scenarios, low-power processes and experiments on arm.

Regards,
Jan

Posted by Sam <us...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

RE: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?

Posted by Aaron Carey <ac...@ilm.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

RE: Running Mesos agent on ARM (Raspberry Pi)?