Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 12:21:56 UTC

binding-ws-xml depends on binding-ws-wsdlgen

Currently the binding-ws-xml module depends on the binding-ws-wsdlgen
module which in turn depends on databinding and jaxb databinding, as
well as the axis2-policy module which depends on binding-ws-axis
runtime, so quite a lot of the tuscany runtime gets dragged in when
using ws xml. The main reason for those is so that binding-ws-xml can
set a BindingBuilder that using the wsdlgen
BindingWSDLGenerator.generateWSDL method.

Before i try untangling that do you all agree that ideally we'd be
able to have the WS binding model and xml processing free from all
those other dependencies?

   ...ant

Re: binding-ws-xml depends on binding-ws-wsdlgen

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently the binding-ws-xml module depends on the binding-ws-wsdlgen
>> module which in turn depends on databinding and jaxb databinding, as
>> well as the axis2-policy module which depends on binding-ws-axis
>> runtime, so quite a lot of the tuscany runtime gets dragged in when
>> using ws xml. The main reason for those is so that binding-ws-xml can
>> set a BindingBuilder that using the wsdlgen
>> BindingWSDLGenerator.generateWSDL method.
>>
>> Before i try untangling that do you all agree that ideally we'd be
>> able to have the WS binding model and xml processing free from all
>> those other dependencies?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Is this on 2.x?
>
> Simon

Yes 2.x, sorry if that wasn't clear, it relates to that other thread
about the module merges which did mention it was for 2.x.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently the binding-ws-xml module depends on the binding-ws-wsdlgen
> module which in turn depends on databinding and jaxb databinding, as
> well as the axis2-policy module which depends on binding-ws-axis
> runtime, so quite a lot of the tuscany runtime gets dragged in when
> using ws xml. The main reason for those is so that binding-ws-xml can
> set a BindingBuilder that using the wsdlgen
> BindingWSDLGenerator.generateWSDL method.
>
> Before i try untangling that do you all agree that ideally we'd be
> able to have the WS binding model and xml processing free from all
> those other dependencies?
>
>   ...ant

Is this on 2.x?

Simon