Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Jyotirmoy Sundi <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/14 16:23:36 UTC

resolveMutations error

Hi Folks,

        I am seeing this error recently in jobs, can you please throw
some light on what resolveMutations in NettyWorkerServer.java tries to
achieve ?

*Trace:*

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: resolveMutations: Already
has missing vertex on this worker for 8345381246748292335
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.netty.NettyWorkerServer.resolveMutations(NettyWorkerServer.java:184)
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.netty.NettyWorkerServer.prepareSuperstep(NettyWorkerServer.java:152)
	at org.apache.giraph.worker.BspServiceWorker.startSuperstep(BspServiceWorker.java:677)
	at org.apache.giraph.graph.GraphTaskManager.execute(GraphTaskManager.java:249)
	at org.apache.giraph.graph.GraphMapper.run(GraphMapper.java:92)

--
Best Regards,
Jyotirmoy Sundi

Re: resolveMutations error

Posted by Pascal Jäger <pa...@pascaljaeger.de>.
I get the error as well but couldn’t figure out why.

Did you check if all your vertices are present after the exception would have been thrown?

Regards

Pascal

Am 14.05.2014 um 17:05 schrieb Jyotirmoy Sundi <su...@gmail.com>>:

Hi,
   Not throwing the exception in resolveMutations worked for me. Is it possible to get some understanding of what effects it would have if any because the results are working as expected.

for (I vertexId : destinations) {
          if (partition.getVertex(vertexId) == null) {
            if (!resolveVertexIndices.put(partitionId, vertexId)) {
              //throw new IllegalStateException(
              //    "resolveMutations: Already has missing vertex on this " +
              //        "worker for " + vertexId);
            }
          }
        }

Re: resolveMutations error

Posted by Jyotirmoy Sundi <su...@gmail.com>.
Filename for above changes : NettyWorkerServer.java

--
Best Regards,
Jyotirmoy Sundi

Re: resolveMutations error

Posted by Jyotirmoy Sundi <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   Not throwing the exception in resolveMutations worked for me. Is it
possible to get some understanding of what effects it would have if any
because the results are working as expected.

for (I vertexId : destinations) {
          if (partition.getVertex(vertexId) == null) {
            if (!resolveVertexIndices.put(partitionId, vertexId)) {
              //throw new IllegalStateException(
              //    "resolveMutations: Already has missing vertex on this "
+
              //        "worker for " + vertexId);
            }
          }