Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2017/09/22 19:38:06 UTC

Spurious INFO message in SessionExpireListener (of KafkaHealthcheck)?

Hi,

Just noticed that SessionExpireListener#handleNewSession
(of KafkaHealthcheck) prints out the INFO message to the logs [1] and does
nothing afterwards.

Subscribing to %s path to watch for new topics

Why? Is the INFO correct? Where does the subscription happen?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/server/KafkaHealthcheck.scala?utf8=%E2%9C%93#L106

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
Spark Structured Streaming https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
Mastering Apache Spark 2 https://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

Re: Spurious INFO message in SessionExpireListener (of KafkaHealthcheck)?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Ted,

That's exactly the method I've been looking at to understand the INFO
message better and don't see how they relate. I don't see how it could
help. Care to shed more light on it? Thanks.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.