Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Derek Longmuir <dl...@echoworx.com> on 2001/03/19 21:43:16 UTC

RE: How can a Struts Action developer best document the system fo r a JSP developer?

Hi Bryan and John,

I have created something like this with XSL that converts the (old)
action.xml and (new) struts-config.xml files and produces a graph showing
the various forwards, forms, actions, etc. I then use dot to convert the
graph into a gif.

It isn't quite as enlightening as I thought it would be, but certainly
produces interesting pictures. :-) This is primarily due to the fact that
the struts-config.xml doesn't hold all the information - I think to produce
a better overview you would have to also parse the corresponding JSPs for
their tags, and maybe even the action classes themselves.

I was planning on refining it a little more before releasing it to the list,
but I'll work on getting it up on a web page in the next couple of days for
you. John, maybe you can take it and add what you think is missing. :-)

Thanks, Derek.