Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Raphael Parree <rp...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 14:45:12 UTC

Image overflow

Hi,

This might have been answered, but could only find something on this in the
archive of 2003. I believe in the 0.20.5 release images that where to wide
were scaled down. Many of my the content that used to end up in a successful
transformed PDF, now break on not being able to fit the text on a page. Is
my assumption right that in the 0.20.5 release it worked as described here,
and is this something that can be turned on in the latest release?

Tx.,

Raphael

Re: Image overflow

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Well, FOP 0.20.5 did all sorts of not quite conformant things with
images. The new code is much more conformant to the spec. However, that
doesn't mean there's no room for improvement. Currently, there's no way
to scale down an image if there's not enough room to display it at full
size (using .minimum/.optimum/.maximum on block-progression-dimension
and inline-progression-dimension). XSL 1.1 introduces a few new
possibilities in this area but again, these are not implemented, yet.

What you can try is to use width="100%" and content-width="scale-to-fit"
but this will always scale an image to take up the full width of the
content area. Maybe you need to play a little with the properties
available.

If you have errors, you might also need to check if maybe some keep
constraints cause the error and not the image itself.

If you want more concrete help you'll need to post an example.

On 25.08.2006 14:45:12 Raphael Parree wrote:
> This might have been answered, but could only find something on this in the
> archive of 2003. I believe in the 0.20.5 release images that where to wide
> were scaled down. Many of my the content that used to end up in a successful
> transformed PDF, now break on not being able to fit the text on a page. Is
> my assumption right that in the 0.20.5 release it worked as described here,
> and is this something that can be turned on in the latest release?

Jeremias Maerki