Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Kimsal <mg...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 19:59:17 UTC

Wildcards

Hello all:

While I realize this goes against the grain of an indexing server, is there
any way to do wildcard searching like the following:

Term indexed is 123456789

Searching for *456* would find 123456789

Is there any mechanism to enable or allow for that scenario?

Thanks!

--
Michael Kimsal
http://webdevradio.com

Re: Wildcards

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 3/21/07, Michael Kimsal <mg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I recompiled SOLR against the latest lucene release (2.1.0) and it
> still doesn't work.  The nabble reference page there indicates that it might
> not have worked right in 2.1.0 but someone there is suggesting that it works
> in the latest trunk.
>
> Is there perhaps something else that would need to be enabled in SOLR beyong
> the leadingWildCard to have this work?

It was fixed after 2.1
You could try jars from the latest Lucene nightly build.

-Yonik

Re: Wildcards

Posted by Michael Kimsal <mg...@gmail.com>.
Well, I recompiled SOLR against the latest lucene release (2.1.0) and it
still doesn't work.  The nabble reference page there indicates that it might
not have worked right in 2.1.0 but someone there is suggesting that it works
in the latest trunk.

Is there perhaps something else that would need to be enabled in SOLR beyong
the leadingWildCard to have this work?

Thanks for everyone's patience.

--
Michael Kimsal