Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org> on 2021/10/23 07:17:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Current state for processing element configurations

Hi all,

I was wondering what is currently the right way to set configurations for PEs?
Since we have been working a lot on service discovery and consul lately I am not sure what is the best way.

What configurations for Processing Element containers do we really need anymore?
How can I register them, especially that it also works when using merge in the ExtensionsModelSubmitter?

The new way of handling configurations is defined in org.apache.streampipes.container.model.SPServiceDefinition & org.apache.streampipes.container.model.SPServiceDefinitionBuilder, right?
(e.g. SpServiceDefinitionBuilder.addConfig(CONFIG_KEY, VALUE))
Do we still need org.apache.streampipes.container.model.PEConfig & org.apache.streampipes.container.model.ExtensionConfig or can we deprecate them?

Philipp