Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Porter <pp...@vicor.com> on 2005/06/07 19:17:10 UTC

Running SA on mail gateway and mail server

Hello,

I have just installed a mail gateway box to soften the load on our
internal mail server. Both servers are running SpamAssassin (details
below) and I noticed that the internal mail server is scanning messages
from our mail gateway eventhough they have already been scanned and
marked up.

Is there a way to tell SpamAssassin on our internal mail server to not
rescan mail which is already marked up?

Here are the details:

Mail Gateway: SpamAssassin 3.0.1 and Postfix on RedHat Enterprise Linux 4

Mail Server:  FreeBSD 4.10 box running Postfix, SpamAssassin 2.63, and
ClamAV (via Amavis).

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Running SA on mail gateway and mail server

Posted by JamesDR <ja...@trusswood.net>.
Paul Porter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed a mail gateway box to soften the load on our
> internal mail server. Both servers are running SpamAssassin (details
> below) and I noticed that the internal mail server is scanning messages
> from our mail gateway eventhough they have already been scanned and
> marked up.
>
> Is there a way to tell SpamAssassin on our internal mail server to not
> rescan mail which is already marked up?
>
> Here are the details:
>
> Mail Gateway: SpamAssassin 3.0.1 and Postfix on RedHat Enterprise Linux 4
>
> Mail Server:  FreeBSD 4.10 box running Postfix, SpamAssassin 2.63, and
> ClamAV (via Amavis).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Yes, check the archives for the answer. I'm not a postfix/amavis person,
but i've seen this asked many times and there have been many good solutions.
HTH
James