Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Karthik Nanjangude <ka...@xius-bcgi.com> on 2010/02/06 07:41:01 UTC

Exception on startup

Hi

Spec

O/s  : Windows 2003 ( Professional )
JDK  1.5

Recently upgraded JMeter from  2.3.1  to  2.3.4
On JMetre ( jmeter.bat ) startup  getting this error

Unrecognized VM option '+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError'
errorlevel=1

Why  and How to solve this ?

With regards
Karthik

Re: Exception on startup

Posted by Peter Peterse <pe...@peterse-uithuizen.com>.
Hay,

I think you hava an old JAVA 1.5 (for ex. 1.5.0_06.)  I should update
the java to a newer version 1.5.0

succes,
Peter

Re: Exception on startup

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
If you dont have jdk1.5 update 7 then open jmeter.bat and
modify
set DUMP=-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
set DUMP=

If you have a later version of java, then check which version is being
picked up when you run jmeter by having a java -version

regards
deepak