Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Josh <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 21:40:56 UTC

Feature comparision of Axis 1.4 vs Axis 2 -- Trying to justify moving to Axis 2...

Hello,

I am trying to convince our standards body to move to from Axis 1.4 to Axis
2.  Poking around both Axis sites, I am having trouble comparing the two
together.  The best I have been able to come up with is on the xFire site (
http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison).  This comparision seems out of
date though.

Our organization is trying to move away from RPC based services to Doc/Lit
based services.  In addition, we would like to have support for WS*
standards.  According to the comparision on the xFire site, it looks like
Axis 1.4 supports both of these requirements.  Where can I get the
information I need to better compare these two libraries?

Regards,

Joshua

RE: AXIS2 - Check Validity of Connection and Stub Object

Posted by Shmuel Weiss <sw...@cablematrix.com>.
How Can I check the validity of a previous Binding object (stub) ?

I am using options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT,
Boolean.TRUE);
and when the Server side is closing the current binding is not valid, does
it reopen a new socket automatically ?

thanks.

  _____

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
HI,

To reuse the connection,

--
Saminda Abeyruwan

Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

AXIS2 - Reuse of HttpClient for further Soap Request - KeepAlive mode for HighPerformance

Re: Feature comparision of Axis 1.4 vs Axis 2 -- Trying to justify moving to Axis 2...

Posted by Josh <ge...@gmail.com>.
That was EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Josh ,