Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Not Available <as...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/01 10:47:20 UTC

esql not working at all, no connection ever created!

I have been trying to get esql to work now for about 3 days with no luck. I beleive i have configured everything correctly but when I run any xsp page with esql it returns a duplicated page of my xsp page except that it stops at the esql:connection tag. When I look at the error log it says there was a null pointer exception. After examining the generated java file I think it is because a connection object is always null (never set to a valid connection). However I am pretty confident my pool is set up correctly and the drivers are being loaded ok.

Here is the code that it points to in the java file:

 _esql_query = new EsqlQuery( _esql_connection, String.valueOf(
      ""

                + "      select * from antiques "
                + "     "
              ) );

No where above this code is the _esql_connection every initialized with a connection.

I am using the latest release for java 1.4.1 and running windows me with mysql.

Thanks,

Kris