Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Nawaz Nayeem via user <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2023/05/16 11:08:16 UTC

Dynamin Windowing in with Pyflink

Hey, I’ve been trying to emulate the behavior of a dynamic window, as Flink
does not support dynamic window sizes. My operator inherits from
KeyedProcessFunction, and I’m only using KeyedStates to manipulate the
window_size. I’m clearing the KeyedStates when my bucket(window) is
complete, to reset the bucket size.

My concern is, as Flink does not support dynamic windows, is this approach
going against Flink Architecture? Like will it break checkpointing
mechanism in distributed systems? It's been noted that I’m only using
KeyedStates for maintaining or implementing the dynamic window.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

--

SELISE Group
Zürich: The Circle 37, 8058 Zürich-Airport,

Visit us:
www.selisegroup.com <http://www.selisegroup.com>

--

*Important Note: This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and
may contain trade secrets and may well also be legally privileged or

Re: Dynamin Windowing in with Pyflink

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nawaz,

>> My concern is, as Flink does not support dynamic windows, is this
approach going against Flink Architecture.
Per my understanding, the session window could be seen as a kind of dynamic
window. Besides, Flink also supports user-defined window with which users
should also be able to implement dynamic window. So I think what you are
doing is a good solution and will not be against Flink Architecture.

Regards,
Dian