Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com> on 2002/06/13 11:48:33 UTC

Cocoon in HEAD Hangs, is it really only me?

Hi All,

Several people have commented that Cocoon 2 in HEAD hangs when
Source files or XSLT files are altered, requiring that TomCat be
killed.

Is this really only effecting a few people?

Is this a system specific problem?

Who of you are successfully running the HEAD branch without this
problem?
What platform are you using?

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

Re: Cocoon in HEAD Hangs, is it really only me?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com>.
On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 11:01 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Confirmed! It hangs as soon as you change a file.
>
> A quick test showed that the reason seems to be somewhere in the
> caching code. If you swith to the non caching pipeline everything
> is fine.
>
> I will have a look at it asap.

I can confirm this is fixed!

Thanks Carsten!

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Ok, I fixed it - so everything is working as it should be now,
you can use the caching pipeline again.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG
             Cocoon Consulting, Training and Projects
mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de                  http://www.s-und-n.de
                    http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com>.
On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 11:01 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Confirmed! It hangs as soon as you change a file.

Phew!
I thought I was going mad ;)

> A quick test showed that the reason seems to be somewhere in the
> caching code.

I suspected as much.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@gmx.net>.

I have the same problems!

> Is this really only effecting a few people?
>
> Is this a system specific problem?

my environment: Win2k_prof, tomcat401, cocoon2.1dev