Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Chetan V Minajagi <ch...@jpmchase.com> on 2010/05/10 11:10:17 UTC

IbatisNet,Ibatis DataAccess and Connection Pooling

Hi,

We have an application where we need to connect to two different databases SQL server and Sybase.
We feel using ibatisNet Data Access we can configure connections to these two datasources and will be able to have a nice way of seamlessly connecting to multiple homogenous databases.

Also we are planning to use Enterprise Library for most things.Still not sure which one Spring.Net /Enterprise library to pick though.

Either way if we use any of the two can you please let us know how to configure ibatis configurations through this.Especially how do we use connection pooling.

Can any one of you suggest a nice way of doing this?

Warm Regards,
Chetan

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Re: IbatisNet,Ibatis DataAccess and Connection Pooling

Posted by Juan Pablo Araya <ju...@gmail.com>.
We use two SqlMap.configs in this case, and two Mapper class, based on:

http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/dotnet/datamapper/ch04s04.html

Under the InitMapper() method, we set the direction of the sql for one
or another config:

-- For MapperFirst.cs---

        protected static void InitMapper()
        {
            DomSqlMapBuilder builder = new DomSqlMapBuilder();
            XmlDocument sqlMapConfig =
Resources.GetEmbeddedResourceAsXmlDocument("Config.sqlMapFirst.config,
Dyt.Polla.CodigoBarras.DataSource");
            _Mapper = builder.Configure(sqlMapConfig) as SqlMapper;
        }

-- For MapperSecond.cs---
        protected static void InitMapper()
        {
            DomSqlMapBuilder builder = new DomSqlMapBuilder();
            XmlDocument sqlMapConfig =
Resources.GetEmbeddedResourceAsXmlDocument("Config.sqlMapSecond.config,
Dyt.Polla.CodigoBarras.DataSource");
            _Mapper = builder.Configure(sqlMapConfig) as SqlMapper;
        }

Then under ibatis, you just use:

MapperFirst.Instance().Queryfor....
MapperSecond.Instance().Queryfor....

Greetings and sorry for  my poor english!

--
Juan Pablo Araya
787 76 034

Re: IbatisNet,Ibatis DataAccess and Connection Pooling

Posted by Michael McCurrey <mm...@gmail.com>.