Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc> on 2018/10/03 00:42:49 UTC

Calcite Streaming and Mongo

Hello,

Since version 3.6 mongo introduced collection change streams
<https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.6/changeStreams/> which allow to observe
real-time changes of a collection. This looks very accommodating to calcite
streams <https://calcite.apache.org/docs/stream.html> which provides more
complex windowing and grouping operations.

Do you think it makes sense to support streams in Mongo Adapter ? Would you
be interested in such feature ?

Thanks in advance,
Andrei.

Re: Calcite Streaming and Mongo

Posted by Shuyi Chen <su...@gmail.com>.
That will be cool. It can also be used as an example for other projects to
use Calcite streaming. I would imagine you need to translate the SQL
through the calcite logical plan to a set of pipeline operators and
pipeline stages in mongo. You can refer to projects like Flink, Samza or
Storm for referenece. Thanks.

Shuyi

--
"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."

Re: Calcite Streaming and Mongo

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
That would be very cool. MongoTable could implement StreamableTable, so queries that want to read change streams could do so.

Please log a JIRA case.

Julian