Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2012/04/18 22:01:43 UTC

Preparing for two releases of Maven Site Plugin

Hi,

Now that the Doxia releases are done, I'd like to focus on Maven Site
Plugin. We have two pending releases; 2.4 which will be the last release
of the 2.x series and then 3.1.

Looking in JIRA, all the issues scheduled for 2.4 have been fixed and
closed. Does anyone want to add anything more to that release? If not,
I'll prepare the 2.4 release this weekend.

When we look at the 3.1 release in JIRA there are 5 scheduled issues
that have not been solved. Here's a summary of them and how I'd like to
handle them:

MSITE-484 Support adding and overriding report plugins in new
maven-site-plugin 3.x reportPlugins configuration format
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-484
This is a major issue that might require changes to Maven core. Push it
to later release.

MSITE-582 Make it possible to remove breadcrumbs in child projects again
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-582
Might already be solved.

MSITE-596 inheritedReports IT fails
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-596
Proposed solution requires changes to Maven core. Push to a later
release, but document the current behavior as per Lukas' comment.

MSITE-601 Period added to URL prevents proper cloning with Mercurial
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-601
Unless someone has a patch for it, I'd like to unschedule it.

MSITE-604 Properties from settings.xml are not recognized in site
distribution management
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-604
This is strangely related to MSITE-632, but I cannot find a suitable
solution to either of them. Push to a later release.

Do we want to add any more issues to the 3.1 release?

Please comment on this.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Preparing for two releases of Maven Site Plugin

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukas,

I've proposed a second patch only affecting the site-plugin, which reuses
AbstractSiteMojo.isMaven3OrMore()

Vincent

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.