Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sophia Wright <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 11:20:08 UTC

memory limit of broker reached. (Fast producer)

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ v5.8. I am trying to exhaust my broker memory usage
which are specified here--
<amq:systemUsage>
           <amq:systemUsage>
                <amq:memoryUsage>
                    <amq:memoryUsage limit="10 mb" />
                </amq:memoryUsage>
                <amq:storeUsage>
                    <amq:storeUsage limit="8 gb" />
                </amq:storeUsage>
                <amq:tempUsage>
                    <amq:tempUsage limit="5 gb" />
                </amq:tempUsage>
            </amq:systemUsage>
        </amq:systemUsage>

So as soon as messages in broker reaches higher water mark for outstanding
messages (70% of the memory) in memory, broker starts offloading those
message to temp memory.
I want to exhaust 100% broker memory, to generate a fast producer.

How can I do it ?

Re: memory limit of broker reached. (Fast producer)

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
You are doing non persistent messages?
Use a vmpendingmessagecursor

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013, Sophia Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ActiveMQ v5.8. I am trying to exhaust my broker memory usage
> which are specified here--
> <amq:systemUsage>
>            <amq:systemUsage>
>                 <amq:memoryUsage>
>                     <amq:memoryUsage limit="10 mb" />
>                 </amq:memoryUsage>
>                 <amq:storeUsage>
>                     <amq:storeUsage limit="8 gb" />
>                 </amq:storeUsage>
>                 <amq:tempUsage>
>                     <amq:tempUsage limit="5 gb" />
>                 </amq:tempUsage>
>             </amq:systemUsage>
>         </amq:systemUsage>
>

> So as soon as messages in broker reaches higher water mark for outstanding
> messages (70% of the memory) in memory, broker starts offloading those
> message to temp memory.
> I want to exhaust 100% broker memory, to generate a fast producer.
>
> How can I do it ?

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: memory limit of broker reached. (Fast producer)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
You need a faster consumer.