Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> on 2002/10/17 02:09:40 UTC

Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

With about two days notice I was asked to appear on TechTV's "The Screen
Savers" to talk about Apache "and whatever else interests you", so I got a
quick plug in for Subversion.  I think the web site was even splashed on
the screen at some point.  The show was live at 7pm EST, but it is
repeating starting at 10pm (i.e. right now, I'm on around 45 minutes into
the show), and then 2am, 8am, and noon tomorrow, and then finally 4pm on
Sunday (all EST).  Hope I did right by y'all.  :)

	Brian

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Josef Wolf <jw...@raven.inka.de> writes:

> So the big question is: when will apache switch to svn? ;-)

It's being discussed.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Paul Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com>.
In a message dated: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:00:04 +0200
Josef Wolf said:

>BTW: Is there anywhere a video-stream that non-us people could download?

I'd even like one for the US people, since I don't have cable or sat. :(
--

Seeya,
Paul

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Josef Wolf <jw...@raven.inka.de>.

end -- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> writes:

> Some people with experience in Apache and APR convinced the rest of
> the Subversion developers to use APR, on the basis of its technical
> merits.  There certainly wasn't any political (i.e., non-technical)
> pressure, if that's what non-arbitrary means. :-)

As a matter of historical interest, if you look at our *very* early
CVS repository, we actually had the glib tree imported.  We originally
thought of using it, but then we were suaded to switch to APR.

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Tom Conder <bl...@gazpacho.net> writes:
> I caught the show yesterday. Leo was very flattering in discussing Apache.
> Until the show I did not realize the tie between Apache and subversion. I
> thought the technical decision to use APR was arbitrary.

Wow, that comment gets more interesting the more I read it, heh.

Some people with experience in Apache and APR convinced the rest of
the Subversion developers to use APR, on the basis of its technical
merits.  There certainly wasn't any political (i.e., non-technical)
pressure, if that's what non-arbitrary means. :-)

Anyway, I'm glad we did!

Re: Subversion mentioned on TechTV's "The Screen Savers"

Posted by Tom Conder <bl...@gazpacho.net>.

Tom Conder <to...@yahoo.com>
Gazpacho - http://www.gazpacho.net/