Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/12/01 00:07:13 UTC

Re: Progress on new Recompose for XalanJ2

Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> wrote:
> > Some of the recompositions (like xsl:output)
> > don't conform to the XSLT standard but they're the same as they were
> > before.  Now, they should be easier to fix because the recompose(..)
> > method just does the recompose instead of walking the tree as well.
>
> Gary, besides xsl:output, do you have a list of suspect elements?

No.  I fixed decimal-formats last night but each of the elements seem to
have different rules.  The xsl:output is tricky because, except for
cdata-section-elements, elements override based on import precedence
with an error if the same attribute is specified twice at the same
import precedence (but not at different ones).  I was going to take a
crack at it in a little while.

Here are all the elements that are recomposed:

-xsl:output
  Discussed above.  I can look at this today unless you have other
ideas.
-xsl:decimal-format
  Should be okay
-xsl:template
  I'm pretty sure this is okay.  It's all done in TemplateList.
-xsl:variable (top-level)
-xsl:param (top-level)
  This should be sort of okay.  We don't check for more than one binding
with the same import precedence but silently take the last one.  I can
clean this up in pretty short order.
-xsl:attribute-set
-xsl:key
-xsl:namespace-alias
-xsl:preserve-space
-xsl:strip-space
  Haven't looked at these five.

I'll look all of these over in the next few days with xsl:output being
slated for a few hours from now.  If anyone else wants to jump in,
please let me know so we don't duplicate.

Gary