Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Maunder <ma...@swiftcamel.com> on 2002/03/11 10:13:36 UTC

exit with alarm

I've written a rather large mod_perl app that initiates a bunch of
socket connects using a subclassed IO::Socket::INET. Every now and then
I'm getting this:

child pid 22743 exit signal Alarm clock (14)

It happens infrequently and I can't find a pattern of any kind. The
request that seems to cause it gets served up without any problems. I
supect something I'm using is setting $SIG{ALRM}, but I thought this was
fixed a while ago so that mod_perl saves SIGALRM for restoring at the
end of a request? (I'm running mod_perl 1.26)

thanks

Mark.