Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Murray <pe...@subx.com> on 2002/02/16 16:23:40 UTC

EMF?

Greetings,

Has anyone had experience embedding an EMF file with FOP?  Is it possible
directly, or will I have to first render it to GIF (any hints here)?  The
target format is PDF.

Any thoughts?

-pete

--

Peter M. Murray
s u b x, i n c.

Re: EMF?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
EMF is Windows-specific and there's now way to directly embed EMF into a
PDF. I think you will really have to render the EMF to a bitmap format.
Maybe it is possible to convert EMF to EPS or SVG. I'd try to go for SVG
if anything is available.

On 16.02.2002 16:23:40 Peter Murray wrote:
> Has anyone had experience embedding an EMF file with FOP?  Is it possible
> directly, or will I have to first render it to GIF (any hints here)?  The
> target format is PDF.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - 6002 Luzern
Fon +41 (0)41 317 2020 - Fax +41 (0)41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch