Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2018/09/20 07:34:34 UTC

[COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

Hi,

I'm currently working on getting the collections build to pass again. We
can't use clirr anymore because it can't handle Java 8 default methods.
I've replaced clirr with japicmp [1]. Problem is, that the japicmp:cmp goal
is always skipped although I've added the profile.japicmp file to the
repository. Any idea?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-collections/pull/54

Re: [COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Am Do., 20. Sep. 2018 um 12:13 Uhr schrieb Gilles <
gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:34:34 +0200, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently working on getting the collections build to pass again.
> > We
> > can't use clirr anymore because it can't handle Java 8 default
> > methods.
> > I've replaced clirr with japicmp [1]. Problem is, that the
> > japicmp:cmp goal
> > is always skipped although I've added the profile.japicmp file to the
> > repository. Any idea?
>
> "japicmp" has been broken for months. [Rob may have more
> up-to-date information.]
> Problem (for [RNG]) was the opposite: It would run even when
>    profile.japicmp
> was not present and would simply fail the build when there
> was not "older" version to compare against. :-/

I still haven't found a way to activate japicmp :-( Maybe I just have to
wait for the next release?

Benedikt

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.